Wednesday 24 October 2012

Creating Shin Akuma

After working on a few portraits totally based on references, now i am trying to work on 1 of my favourite characters from street fighter 4 called SHIN AKUMA.... so here are the steps I've taken to reach the final output...

Software used: Photoshop elements 9

1.Outline sketch.
The 1st step of making it was getting the outline done. Tracing the outline is the most fun part for me!!! ;)
Outline will act as a borderline while filling up the colors. You can remove the outline from the final output .. if you wish to... 

2. Color filling
The most tricky part is to fill the colors while you are using a reference!!!! you need to place the colors exactly as in the reference image. Do not worry about the white patches left because they can be filled later.

3.Final output
Filling up those white patches would give you much like a 2D form of  the output. I am stopping working on it till this step because the merging process is way too boring for me!!! :P
 But merging those colors would give a more realistic look to the output..

I am still working on developing my own characters without the help of any reference...
I'l post them as soon as i am done with them!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment